Achievers English KCSE Revision is a book in the Achievers KCSE Revision Series that has been specially developed to assist the KCSE candidate prepare adequately for the national examination. The book gives both the candidate and the teacher a true picture of the actual KCSE examination. Each book in this series contains a set of ten KCSE examination model papers per subject, based on the Kenya National Examinations Council’s new format. Answers to all the questions have been provided.
Achievers English KCSE Revision is a book that focuses on the student. It gives useful tips and quick revision points that will be very useful to the learner. It also has ten KCSE examination model papers and their answers. It factors in the new literary set texts that were approved by Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) for use in Kenyan Secondary schools. Any candidate using this book will be assured of getting very high scores in the final KCSE English examination.
The key features of this book include:
- A comprehensive introduction with important tips that are unique to each examination paper.
- Useful quick revision points.
- Past KCSE composition questions for years 2008 – 2018.
- Worked out model KCSE English examination papers and their marking schemes.
- A wide variety of questions from the new literary set texts and detailed answers.
- Interesting and carefully selected excerpts which will sharpen the learner’s comprehension skills and boost their creativity.
- A marking scheme which gives comprehensive answers to all questions in the book.
The author, Waweru Mwangi, has long-standing experience in teaching and examining English. He is currently an education administrator.