The course objective for Kenya Form 4 Chemistry is to:
1. Select and handle appropriate apparatus for use in experimental work
2. Make accurate measurements, observations and draw logical conclusions from experiments.
3. Observe and appreciate the need for safety precautions during experimental investigations.
4. Understand and appreciate the use of chemical symbols and formulae in writing equations.
5. In Kenya Form 4 Chemistry you will learn to use appropriate chemical terms in describing physical and chemical processes.
6. Identify patterns in the physical and chemical behaviour of substances.
7. Apply the knowledge acquired to promote positive environmental and health practices.
8. Use the knowledge and skills acquired to solve problems in everyday life.
9. Apply principles and skills acquired in techno and industrial development.
10. Acquire adequate knowledge in chemistry for further education and for training.